Attorney Getnet Yawkal Mebratu is one of the top rated lawyers in Ethiopia. As a Professional Lawyer, he has dealt with an array of very complicated cases often involving very high profile international and national clients, and these have paved the way for him to establish himself as a key contact to develop, prepare and review legal documents in accordance with clients’ commercial strategies.
Throughout his career, Mr. Getnet has consistently exemplified integrity while maintaining quality and professionalism to provide first-rate legal services in Ethiopia, and his record is one of great responsibility, dedication, and solid achievements.
Attorney Getnet Yawkal is a very personable, goal-focused and versatile person accustomed to a fast-paced environment where deadlines are a priority and handling multiple jobs simultaneously is a requirement.
- Drafting team member of the Ethiopian Intellectual Property Office on the Ethiopian Trademark Registration and Protection Council of Ministers Regulation No.273/2012 and various internal Directives of the office.
- Management Reform Team of the Ethiopian Intellectual Property Office.
- Trademark and Industrial Design Protection and Administration Expert, Ethiopian Intellectual Property Office
- Trademark and Industrial Design Examiner, Ethiopian Intellectual Property Office
- Instructor of Law, Alpha University Collage
- Instructor of Law, Admas University Collage
- Associate, Tadesse Kiros Law Office
- Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates Law Office
- Trademark Classification Standards for Trademark Examiners organized by the World Intellectual Property Organization “WIPO” in cooperation with Government of Republic of Kenya and Japan Patent Office “JPO”, Nairobi (Kenya)
- TISK workshop on Patent Search Strategies and Techniques organized by WIPO and Ministry of Science and Technology of Ethiopia in cooperation with the Ethiopian Intellectual Property Office, Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- General Course on Intellectual Property organized by WIPO, Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
Bahir Dar University
Faculty of Law
Ethiopian Lawyers’ Association
iBNex International Lawyers Network